Sign up for summer reading now
Stories are powerful. They transport us to faraway places. We journey through space and time with them. We even get lost in them. Let’s go on adventures this summer!
- How does it work? Visit any library location or the Book Bike to sign up. Get a reading and activity log tailored by age or grade level. And start reading! For suggestions on where to begin, check out our recommended reading lists »
- Who can join? Everyone! There’s no Oak Park residency requirement, and we welcome all kids from newborns to those entering ninth grade.
Stream films from around the world
Oak Park Public Library cardholders can now stream Facets Kids, featuring short and feature-length films from around the world, specially curated for kids ages 2–16 by the experts who bring you the annual Chicago International Children’s Film Festival! Oak Park is the first public library to partner with Facets, longtime award-winning Chicago film distributor, educator, and curator of independent, world, and classic film. Ready to explore and watch?
- Go to the Facet Kids login page and click “Library Login.”
- Click “Oak Park Public Library” from the drop-down.
- Sign in with your library card barcode and four-digit PIN, and start streaming.
Recommended reads, by age and grade
Homework Help for Kids (online resources)
Check out our recently refreshed Homework Help section to access subscription-based online resources. These kid-focused digital resources are designed to make learning more interactive, more visual, and more fun! Homework Help for Kids »
A library card gives students from kindergarten through grade 6 access to the Homework Hub, a dedicated study room in Children’s Services on the Main Library’s first floor, stocked with supplies—such as workbooks, calculators, wipe boards, and an ADA-accessible computer installed with educational and special needs software. To reserve up to two hours a day, once a week, call us at 708.452.3420.
More than 50 different Discovery Kits offer activities in art and music, language arts, life science, math and engineering, physical science, and technology.
Playaway audiobooks are easy to use and offer educational benefits including increased reading comprehension, retention, vocabulary skills, phonemic awareness, and fluency.