Due to COVID-19 and putting people and safety first, the library is following a phased plan to reintroduce services and reopen buildings. Today, the library is in Service Level 2. Learn more »
Computers by appointment for Oak Park cardholders only
The Main Library’s third-floor public computers are available by appointment only for Oak Park cardholders. Call 708.697.6943 between 10 am-6 pm Mondays-Saturdays to schedule a 45-minute session.
What else is new about using computers:
- Daily limit of one session per cardholder
- Appointments start on the half hour and end 15 minutes after the hour
- You will be assigned a specific computer to use
- Available stations are spread out for physical distancing
- Stations are cleaned by staff in between appointments
- Wipes and hand sanitizer may be available; we encourage you to bring your own
- Mask required
- Only remote staff assistance is available
- For Oak Park cardholders only: Print using the Main Library’s third-floor computers
- For everyone: Print from anywhere and pick up same day at the Main Library and scan, copy, and fax using the self-service station on the Main Library’s third floor
Check out a mobile hotspot
- Place an online hold through the catalog.
- Keep for three weeks.
About the hotspots
- 4G device connects WiFi-enabled smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the Internet from any location within Sprint’s 4G or T- Mobile coverage areas.
- One hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices; a fully charged device lasts about six hours.
- Replacement cost is $85.
- Comes in a zipped bag with power cord, adaptor, and instruction card.