Here's how it works for Oak Park cardholders, in 3 easy steps:
- Submit a print job from anywhere. You need your Oak Park card number to both submit and pick up your print job. Limits: 25 pages, 1 print job a day. Let’s get started »
- Pick up the same day you submit. Contact-free printing pickup is available Mondays-Saturdays. Come to the Main Library main entrance between 10 am and 6 pm. Let a library staff member know you are here for print pickup and be ready to share your library card number. We will bring out your print job in an envelope marked with your library card number and leave it on the pickup table near our entrance.
- Receive an envelope with your print job, contact-free. To keep everyone safe, we will not be able to answer account or reference questions at the pickup points. Please continue to contact us online, through our new website chat service (hours vary), and at 708.383.8200 for assistance.
Putting people & safety first
Our top priorities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Personal hygiene
- Physical distancing
- Frequent disinfecting of common surfaces
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- This new service happens only in outdoor spaces.
- Staff and patrons have no physical contact.
- Before reporting to work, staff are required to fill out a daily health screening form and will come to work only if they (and household members) are healthy and have not knowingly been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- A limited number of staff are allowed in the building at the same time.
- Proper physical distancing practices are in place.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided.
- High-touch workspaces are regularly cleaned with disinfectant.
- All physical library materials are quarantined for a minimum of 3 days before being put back into circulation for the next user.
Right now, based on the library’s plan to safely reintroduce services and reopen buildings, we are at Service Level 1.
At Service Level 2, only the Main Library will open to the public with specific capacity limits and some onsite staff for materials and technology support, with public computer use by appointment only.
At Service Level 3, Dole & Maze branches will reopen, with smaller-scale public meetings and library programs beginning and study room use only by appointment. Also at Service Level 3, there will be full access to materials stacks and special collections.
However, we do not have dates for future service levels yet, as the library continues to monitor recommendations from local and national health authorities for guidance in our next steps and when we can introduce the next service level in our plan. Learn more »