Need to know something not included here? Please contact us now »
Can I access my account from anywhere, anytime?
- Yes! Log in from anywhere, anytime to renew items, place holds, download and stream digital items, and more.
- To access your account online:
- Visit oppl.org, then click “My Account” near the top right.
- To log in, enter your library card number (the 14-digit number under the card’s bar code) and your PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number on your account).
- Put your library card on your smartphone with our custom library app available on iOS and Android.
- Need catalog help? Online help is always available »
- Need account help? Contact us now »
What does ‘being fine-free’ mean?
- As of June 2017, overdue fines are not charged on items checked out from the Oak Park Public Library »
- Learn more about our loan periods, limits, renewals, returns, and fees »
Can I use a non-Oak Park card at the Oak Park Public Library?
- Use your valid Chicago Public Library card or another Illinois library card here. Registration may be required on your first visit.
Do Oak Park cards expire?
- Most Oak Park library cards never expire. Cards for educators and businesses expire after one year but may be renewed.
- Library cards with printed expiration dates (issued before March 20, 2012) can be renewed at the library with your photo ID and proof of Oak Park address. Find library locations and hours »
What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
- Please report a lost or stolen card so we can mark it as lost, which protects you if it is misused. Replace your Oak Park card for $1. Contact us now »
What if I move out of Oak Park?
- Please let us know so we can update your library account. Contact us now »