On June 1, 2017, we eliminated overdue fines, increased the loan period for movies, and increased the number of times you can renew items for Oak Park Public Library materials. Read more about these changes to improve use, access, and equity around library resources »
Information here is for materials checked out at Oak Park Public Library locations. Materials checked out at other SWAN libraries are subject to those libraries’ loan rules.
- Books, audiobooks, magazines: 3 weeks
- Video formats (DVDs and Blu-ray Discs): 3 weeks
- Digital items expire automatically
- Physical items: 200
- Digital items: varies by service. Explore your library’s digital options »
- Requests: 30
- Overdue items: If you have more than three items (4+) overdue at any one time, you will be blocked from using your library card to check out more items, access digital collections and online tools, place holds, reserve meeting spaces, and so on. When you return or pay for items to get below the threshold, you’ll regain your library card privileges.
- Up to five; see more about automatic renewals in the sidebar on this page
Fines and fees
- No fines for overdue materials checked out from the Oak Park Public Library
- Fees for never returned or damaged library items:
- List price
- Cash, checks, and major credit cards accepted, in person and online
- Fees of $50 or more suspend an account and are sent to an external collection agency