Wireless printing from anywhere
- Print remotely, then pick up your print job the same day, before closing. See hours and closings »
- First choose your pick-up library, then upload your file.
- Select your pick-up location:
NEW: public computer use requires a public library card
A recent upgrade of the library’s public computer system now requires log in with a public library card. Benefits of this upgrade include:
- Viewing availability of public computers by area or section of the library;
- Reserving either a specific computer or the next available computer; and
- Receiving a text notification when your computer is available.
Don’t have a card yet? We can help! Learn more about getting a library card »
- Keep for one week; renew up to five times if no one is waiting.
- Must be an Oak Park Public Library cardholder.
- 4G device connects WiFi-enabled smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the Internet from any location within Sprint’s 4G coverage area.
- One hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices; a fully charged device lasts about six hours.
- Check out and return at service desks in all three buildings. Replacement cost is $80.
- Comes in a zipped bag with power cord, adaptor, and instruction card.
- Connect to the internet with the ZTE Warp Connect Hotspot (pdf) »
- Can reciprocal borrowers check out a hotspot? Currently, hotspots are available only for Oak Park Public Library cardholders. Looking for options? Communities including Chicago and Forest Park offer mobile hotspots to their library cardholders.
- Inside the library: use the “opplair” network.
- Outside the Main Library: use “scovillepark” network, available in partnership with the Park District of Oak Park.
- Beginning May 3: library card required to log in. Get a card »
- Available during open hours until 10 minutes before the building closes.
- Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Dedicated stations for individuals with visual impairments and for children with special needs.
- Session limits:
- Express (walk-up, not reservable): 20 minutes
- Regular: two hours
- Include laptops and iPad Minis for on-site only use.
- Require a library card registered with us and less than $50 in fees.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages, so devices should never be left unattended.
Mobile device loan limits
- For adults and teens:
- iPad Minis and laptops: up to two hours.
- DVD players: up to four hours.
- For children ages 8-13:
- DVD players: up to four hours.
- For children in grades 4-8:
- Chromebooks: up to two hours.
More about laptops
- WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from library copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.25 per page) is available.
More about DVD players
- Come with headphones.
- For adults and teens: 13.3-inch swivel screens. Built-in USB and SD card readers. Play music, movies, view pictures.
- For kids: 9-inch screens. Play music, movies, view pictures.
Scan, copy, print stations
- All library locations.
- Scan for free. Send via email, save to drives (USB, OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox).
- Black and white: 15¢ a page; color: 25¢ a page.
Special print technology
- 3D printer, laser cutter for use during Main Library Digital Learning Events »
- Local and long-distance faxing is available using the copy machine in the Main Library Lobby for $.50 a page.
- FedEx Office offers international faxing.