Mark your calendar for 2019
The Annual Book Fair will return Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4. Join us again this year in the south cafeteria at Oak Park and River Forest High School, 201 N. Scoville Ave., Oak Park. And like the Friends on Facebook to be in the loop for more 2019 fair information.
- Friday, August 2, 6–10 pm. $5 admission fee, $10 per scanning device.
- Free admission for Friends of the Oak Park Public Library »
- Why the $10 scanning device charge? Mobile devices often offer ISBN scanner capabilities, which aid shoppers in on-the-spot price evaluation
- Saturday, August 3, 9 am–5 pm. Free admission.
- Sunday, August 4, 12-2 pm. Nonprofit & Educator Appreciation: free admission and free materials with valid nonprofit or educator ID, or 501c document.
About tax-deductible donations
- Accepting: salable books, movies, music
- At the Main Library through July 18
- At the South Hall entrance of the high school July 20-August 1
- Not accepting: magazines, textbooks, and condensed texts (such as Reader’s Digest)
- Volunteer sorters needed
- Preview/pre-purchase each day you volunteer
- Weekends (July 20-21, 27-28): 10 am–2 pm. Enter at the main entrance.
- Weekdays (July 22-26, 29-31, August 1): 12:30–3:30 pm and 7–9:30 pm. Enter at the high school south entrance.
- Questions: call 708.697.6930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do the proceeds support?
With funds raised, the Friends continue a tradition that supports literacy, learning, and community connections. Learn more »