–Thursday: 9 am–9 pm
Friday: 9 am
Saturday: 9 am
–Thursday: 10 am
Saturday: 10 am
When are library buildings closed?
- Regularly scheduled building closures are approved by the Board of Library Trustees. See the 2019 Library Days Closed Calendar
- This includes two Fridays when Main Library and Maze Branch open to the public at 2 pm due to staff training in the morning. In 2019, those mornings are June 7 and December 6.
- Unexpected, emergency closings are posted on oppl.org, and on Emergency Closing Center.
- Have a question? Contact us now
- Main Library: The underground parking garage offers two hours of free parking and is elevator accessible. The garage entrance is locked when the library is closed. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards.
Hours 0-2 2-3 3-4 4-6 6-12 Rates free $1 $5 $10 $20
- Dole and Maze Branches: Street parking available.
- All three Oak Park Public Library buildings have returns inside, near each main entrance.
- Outside 24-hour returns also are available:
- A curbside drive-through in Village Parking Lot 55 is accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). See the location on Google Maps »
- The Main Library has both a 24-hour item return and an automated check-in slot. Both are accessible via the library plaza next to Scoville Park.
- Maze Branch has a 24-hour book return and a separate A/V return just east of the building on Gunderson Avenue.
- Dole Branch has a 24-hour item return just north of the building on Augusta Street.