Library buildings closed until further notice. Your digital library is open. More about COVID-19 »
–Thursday: 9 am–9 pm
Friday: 9 am
Saturday: 9 am
–Thursday: 10 am
Saturday: 10 am
When library buildings are closed
- When we are closed, these area warming centers are open »
- Unexpected, emergency closings are posted on oppl.org, and on the Emergency Closing Center website. Information also is shared with area organizations and on the library’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Our 2020 Library Calendar was approved by the Board of Library Trustees on November 26, 2019. Two Fridays each year, Main Library and Dole Branch open to the public at 2 pm. Maze Branch is closed all Fridays. In 2020, those two dates are June 12 and December 4. Read more about Staff Engagement Days »
- Have a question? Contact us now »
- Main Library: The underground parking garage offers two hours of free parking and is elevator accessible. The garage entrance is locked when the library is closed. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards.
Hours 0-2 2-3 3-4 4-6 6-12 Rates free $1 $5 $10 $20
- Dole and Maze Branches: Street parking available.
- All three Oak Park Public Library buildings have returns inside, near each main entrance.
- Outside 24-hour returns also are available:
- A curbside drive-through in Village Parking Lot 55 is accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). See the location on Google Maps »
- The Main Library has both a 24-hour item return and an automated check-in slot. Both are accessible via the library plaza next to Scoville Park.
- Maze Branch has a 24-hour book return and a separate A/V return just east of the building on Gunderson Avenue.
- Dole Branch has a 24-hour item return just north of the building on Augusta Street.