Wondering what to read, watch, or listen to next? We’ve got you covered!
Library-led book groups
While in-person library events are on hold, some library-led book groups are meeting virtually. Check out the calendar for upcoming virtual meetings »
- Books & Brews is an opportunity for anyone age 21+ to meet new friends, discuss new books outside of the library. Typically meets on the second Tuesday of the month, 7 pm, at Oak Park Brewing Company, 155 S. Oak Park Ave.
- Brown Bag is a lunchtime mystery lover’s book group. Pack your own lunch and join us to discuss these suspenseful stories. Typically meets on the third Tuesday of the month, 12 pm, Dole Branch.
- Detection by Daylight is devoted to reading and discussing detective mysteries in series and non-series form. Bring your lunch (if you like), enjoy cookies and coffee on us, and engage in great discussions. Meets on the first Wednesday of the month, 12 pm, Maze Branch.
- New Moms Book Group is especially for new parents. Ditch the “mom guilt” and join other adults to keep exploring and discussing your interests. Typically meets on the first Wednesday of the month, 7 pm, at Exit Strategy Brewing Co., 7700 Madison St., Forest Park.
- Read & Reflect shares a thoughtful selection of nonfiction titles ripe for meaningful discussion. Typically meets on the third Friday of the month, 12 pm, Dole Branch.
- Words on Wednesday inspires stimulating conversation about fiction and nonfiction titles. Typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month, 1 pm, Main Library.
Looking for a library-led book group title?
Authors, books straight to your inbox
Looking for events featuring local authors and great reads?