Providing public spaces to learn, collaborate, and create is a core library service available to the community. Here’s an overview of the rental process.
Review Space Options
- Main Library Veterans Room »
- Main Library Small Meeting Room »
- Main Library Book Discussion Room »
- Main Library Community Engagement Space »
- Main Library Conference Room »
- Dole Branch Meeting Room »
- Maze Branch Meeting Room »
Meeting Spaces Policy
All space renters should read, understand, and agree to the library’s Meeting Spaces Policy »
- Age: Renters must be 18 years or older and have a valid library card.
- Access: Renters must understand events are open to the public; space s cannot be used for private social gatherings or parties.
- Monetary exchanges: No selling or buying goods or services, soliciting donations is permitted.
- Fees: No fees can be charged, either prior to a reservation or on the day of your rental.
- Types of events permitted: educational, cultural, political, civic, or charitable in nature event.
- Types of events not permitted: commercial educational presentations.
Payment and Use Procedures
All space renters should read, understand, and agree to the library’s Payment and Use Procedures »
- Not-for-profits can rent space for free, up to four hours. Not-for-profit groups are defined as not-for-profit when their missions serve an educational, cultural, charitable, political, or civic purpose and include 501(c)3 corporations and unincorporated associations, organizations, clubs, book groups, or government agencies.
- For-profits can pay to rent space for up to four hours. Prices vary by space. All groups that do not fit the definition of a not-for-profit group will be defined as for-profit. These include all businesses and other commercial entities.
- There are three ways to pay: credit card (VISA, AMEX, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit, and VISA Debit), check, and cash.
- Payment is due one week after the date your request is approved.
- Pay-for reservations are tentative until payment is received. Once payment is received, a reservation is confirmed.
- If payment is not received, the reservation will not be confirmed, and the room will be made available to rent to another group.
- Requests made less than one week in advance must be paid for at the time the request is made. Reservations may not be paid for on the day of the meeting.
- There is no refund for any confirmed reservation cancelled less than 14 days before the scheduled reservation.