Sign up now to explore a Universe of Stories at any library location all summer long. Open to kids ages 3 through grade 9 who live anywhere on Earth (no library card required). And join us for the Smarty Pants Big Balloon Show on August 22 (watch a video of a recent show). Learn more about summer reading »
Get anywhere, anytime access to kid-friendly movies and TV shows.
- Facet Kids features short and feature-length films from around the world, specially curated for kids ages 2–16 by the experts who bring you the annual Chicago International Children’s Film Festival!
- Kanopy Kids is a new collection for children, highlighting films and TV series that help children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos, with integrated Common Sense Media ratings.
Enrich learning and explore more with your Oak Park Public Library card.
- Discovery Kits offer hands-on activities in art and music, language arts, life science, math and engineering, physical science, and technology.
- Playaway audiobooks provide increased reading comprehension, retention, vocabulary skills, phonemic awareness, and fluency.
- Museum Adventure Passes open access to special offers and discounts at area cultural destinations such as the Bronzeville Children’s Museum, The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn, and Legoland Discovery Center.
- Access subscription-based websites designed to make learning more interactive, more visual, and more fun! Get started »
- The Homework Hub, a dedicated study room in Children’s Services on the Main Library’s first floor, is stocked with workbooks, calculators, wipe boards, and an ADA-accessible computer. To reserve up to two hours a day, once a week, call us at 708.452.3420.