Get anywhere, anytime access to kid-friendly movies and TV shows.
- Facet Kids features short and feature-length films from around the world, specially curated for kids ages 2–16 by the experts who bring you the annual Chicago International Children’s Film Festival!
- Kanopy Kids is a new collection for children, highlighting films and TV series that help children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos, with integrated Common Sense Media ratings.
Enrich learning and explore more with your Oak Park Public Library card.
- Discovery Kits offer hands-on activities in art and music, language arts, life science, math and engineering, physical science, and technology.
- Playaway audiobooks provide increased reading comprehension, retention, vocabulary skills, phonemic awareness, and fluency.
- Museum Adventure Passes open access to special offers and discounts at area cultural destinations such as the Bronzeville Children’s Museum, The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn, and Legoland Discovery Center.
- Access subscription-based websites designed to make learning more interactive, more visual, and more fun! Get started »
- The Homework Hub, a dedicated study room in Children’s Services on the Main Library’s first floor, is stocked with workbooks, calculators, wipe boards, and an ADA-accessible computer. To reserve up to two hours a day, once a week, call us at 708.452.3420.
- Groups are welcome at the library! Arrange a group visit »
- First-time visit? This simple social story (pdf), a tool designed to provide guidance on what to expect and clarify social expectations for kids who need extra support during new or possibly challenging situations, uses basic words and pictures to help kids learn more about what to expect while visiting the library.
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for the care and behavior of their children while they are in the library. Read more in library policy »