Mon-Thurs: 9 am-9 pm
Friday: 9 am-6 pm
Saturday: 9 am-5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm-6 pm
All closings »
- Main Library: The underground parking garage offers two hours of free parking and is elevator accessible. The garage entrance is locked when the library is closed. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards.
Hours 0-2 2-3 3-4 4-6 6-12 Rates free $1 $5 $10 $20
- Dole and Maze Branches: Street parking available.
- All three Oak Park Public Library buildings have returns inside, near each main entrance.
- Outside 24-hour returns also are available:
- A curbside drive-through in Village Parking Lot 55 is accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). See the location on Google Maps »
- The Main Library has both a 24-hour item return and an automated check-in slot. Both are accessible via the library plaza next to Scoville Park.
- Maze Branch has a 24-hour book return and a separate A/V return just east of the building on Gunderson Avenue.
- Dole Branch has a 24-hour item return just north of the building on Augusta Street.
To get the most from your public library, a library card is essential. Get a card, use your card »
Borrow from a selection of nearly 8 million titles from 80 area libraries, check out up to 200 items at a time, and reserve up to 30 items so they are waiting for you at the library location of your choice. More about loan rules »
All three library buildings are accessible and ADA compliant. Learn more about library accessibility »
Check out mobile hotspots to take with you. Use laptops and iPads on site. Print wirelessly from anywhere. More about technology access »
Art in the library
In addition to a public gallery that exhibits local artists’ work, the Main Library has assembled a collection of art to engage our multicultural community with works that are challenging, intriguing, and enduring. View the collection »
Located just inside the Main Library entrance, this dedicated 19-by-13-foot space provides participatory community experiences. Visitors are encouraged to learn through experimentation and play. See what’s inside »
The Museum Adventure Pass program provides special offers and discounts to library cardholders at unique cultural destinations throughout the Chicago area. See participating destinations »
Oak Park’s Book Bike cruises the streets of Oak Park, bringing the library to you April through October. Meet the Paperback Rider »