What is the Idea Box?
Located just inside the Main Library entrance, the Idea Box is a dedicated 19-by-13-foot space that provides participatory community experiences. Visitors are encouraged to learn through experimentation and play.
Current exhibit: TBA
We’re hard at work creating a new experience for you to explore and share with your neighbors! What will be in the Idea Box next? Stay tuned!
- Libraries Are for Everyone & Where in the world has reading taken you? exhibit featuring iconic “Libraries are for everyone” graphics and a chance to share your adventures in reading.
- Mothers and Others for Peace Back to our Roots exhibit exploring the history and commitment of women working for peace.
- What kind of community do you want to live in? Tell us now »
- Youth Art Month featured a unique selection of colorful creations by artists from Oak Park Elementary School District 97 »
- #ColorOurCollections, a national celebration held each February to share access to historic digital collections. Explore Special Collections »
- For a closer look, see photos of previous Idea Box installations on Flickr »